[Coco] Re: OS-9 as Replacement for DECB.

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Fri Sep 2 18:15:46 EDT 2005

Rumor has it that John R. Hogerhuis may have mentioned these words:
>On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 21:00 -0500, Chris Hawks wrote:
> >   Coco-3 LAPTOP!!!
>
>I think a coco-3 laptop would be really awesome. Personally I spend most
>of my retrocomputing time on TRS-80 Model 100 laptops. instant on, 20
>hours battery life on 4 AA's, great keyboard. Laptops are fun way to
>retrocompute since you can easily put them away when you have to. Self
>contained...
>
>A coco laptop with cpu in modern hardware might even approach the kind
>of battery life of the original "true laptops" like the M100.
>
>Me and Merch would be so confused about where our true loyalties lie...

Amen, brutha! ;-)

[[ Offtopically, but marginally close: I always wondered why
MicroWare/Radisys never ported OS-9 to the 68K Palms... that would've been
*Schweet*! ;-) ]]

Everyone have a good Labor Day Weekend!
Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | Anarchy doesn't scale well. -- Me
zmerch at 30below.com.         |