[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Re: Why USB would be nice.

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Fri Sep 2 23:03:10 EDT 2005

On 09/02/2005 10:31 am, Glen VanDenBiggelaar wrote:

> I am not putting the "re-building" the CoCo down ethier, or even the USB, I
> am just asking WHY!( It seems that most believe it to be the "holy Grail"
> for the CoCo) People think I am argueing and being thick headed, but that
> is not the case here. I want to understand.

Glen, the "holy grail" for me on my Color Computers is to actually win a round
of Dungeons of Daggorath or get to the bottom level in Rogue.

I've got most of the traditional Coco peripherals.  They are old and wearing
out.  I want a SuperBoard and I'll order a USB interface the day it starts
shipping.  (I'd also like a USB interface for my Tandy 6000HD, but I doubt
there's much market for it and I'm not competent to build one myself).
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Let's get real. According to the CBO's report, in the current fiscal
year the U.S. government is gorging on some $2,142 billion of revenues,
consisting of taxes, fees, charges, fines, and other species of
extractions from the people's purses. This sum works out to
approximately $7,500 for every man, woman, and child resident in this
country, or $30,000 for a family of four average persons. Perhaps some
of those people feel they are getting benefits worth at least this much.
I myself don't have that feeling.   --  Robert Higgs