[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 24, Issue 12

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Sep 2 21:19:33 EDT 2005

Frank

The application I want to do will use a lot of the RSBASIC as is intact. What I would
love to do is  increase the grahics routines so that they will also support 640x480
and 256 colors. Instead of doing the graphics as two layers like there is now, I would
like to combine several subroutines. There are several commands lilke DRAW and
HDRAW that I feel can be combined. The main difference in the routines is the
resolution of the graphics screen.

In that aspect I feel there can still remain capatabilty yet expand the ability of the
code. Yes I am doing it for a home project and a dedicated controller.

I even thought of replacing some of if not most of the FP code and do CORDIC
instead. That is going to need time to study if CORDIC will be faster or significantly
slower than the current FP package in RSBASIC.

james