[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Why USB would be nice.

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Fri Sep 2 17:04:06 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 14:57 -0500, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

> You're insinuating that people like myself are ready to pounce on
> those who announce something and then don't do it.  That is certainly
> not the case, and I am not holding myself up as some prima donna
> here.  Lord knows I've made plans that never came to fruition.  But
> coming on this community list as James did back in April and telling
> Mark and I how little we knew really set me off on this guy.

Well hopefully his apology on list can allow us to move forward beyond
that old conversation. Certainly cloud-9's products are not overpriced
given costs. In fact they were probably improperly costed and they are
*underpriced* as a commercial product given the development work put
into it and the expected revenues. Improperly costing your products can
be a great way to help out the community, and we thank you for that :-)

I will say that I still think it is not helpful to nag/needle/taunt
others about their unfinished projects. You say you don't do that, fine.
But maybe you'll be more aware of the danger zone there.

Hopefully we can at least agree that kind of thing is no fun. And fun is
what we're about with the coco.

For myself, I never said you are a trouble maker, or instigator. That
would imply I am ascribing some negative intent to you. I'm not. I
apoligize if I implied that.

We're all to an extent slaves of our emotions and react to the situation
at hand. I was just trying to hold up the mirror, calm the situation a
bit. If you were just acting cool and rationally, perhaps you thought
that needling would encourage completion of the project. Having worked
as a manager, I can tell you from my own experience, that doesn't work.

If you really want a project to succeed, and not to upset people, the
way to do it is ask "how can I help," "what additional resources do you
need," etc. If you don't care about the project one way or another, or
don't think it's going anywhere, just ignore it.

Later,

-- John.