[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Why USB would be nice.

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Fri Sep 2 14:34:40 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 13:01 -0500, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

> Ever since you popped up on this list some months ago, you have
> defined yourself as someone who criticizes the work of others without
> any deference to them or respect for their efforts.  You slight
> others by emphasizing your promise to create better solutions at a
> cheaper cost.  And, you continue to pile projects on yourself (the
> GCC port, etc) without any indication of completing them.    Please
> stop using this forum as a way of advancing your ideas and projects
> by disparaging my work and the work of my colleague; instead, mute
> your criticism and complete projects that will be beneficial to all
> CoCo users.

Boisy,

Really, Cloud-9's ability to deliver great products is not in question.
You don't need to attack others, since your success in delivering
products to the market speaks for itself. Have some faith in the
community you help to keep together

James can talk as much as he wants. He can do some, a little, nothing or
too much on his projects. This is a hobby, period. How many projects he
chooses to pile on himself is NOT YOUR CONCERN, just as how many and
which projects you take on is your business. Mind it.

I haven't found anything in this recent thread disparaging of Cloud-9 or
its products. If anything the thread seems to be about Glen saying don't
develop usb-coco project, because Cloud-9 or vintage hardware have it
covered, and others answering that position saying well, it still would
be nice to have for the following reasons. You are being way
overreactive and reading more into it than is there, seemingly because,
following this list, you've clearly chosen to approach James as an
enemy.

James and anyone else don't need to give "deference" to anyone. Do you?
Defending his projects is not a "slight to others" and their, possibly
competing projects. What a strange idea.

Here's my advice: when others say they will work on something, just
encourage them. If they don't deliver, no one is any worse off than they
were before. If they make good, everyone can be helped. Nagging them,
taunting them, etc. is unproductive. Has that strategy every worked for
you? There's an old saying, you can catch more flies with honey than
vinegar.

And for chrissake, the personal attacks should STOP. It does no good
whatsoever and sours the mood on the list. Can't we have a discussion of
ideas without it getting personal?

This whole thread has been about defending his own project idea
(coco-usb), not criticizing the work of others.

-- John.