[Coco] Re: OS-9 word processors

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Tue Sep 13 23:58:15 EDT 2005

> OOPS, I made an error. Scripsit was not sold for OS-9, only DECB,
> But
> there is another package that was sold by Tandy/RadioShack that
> acted
> very similar to Scripsit. It was sold in three parts, T/S Edit Cat #
> 26-
> 3264, T/S Word Cat# 26-3267 and T/S Spell Cat#26-3266 if you can
> find a
> copy T/S Spell will work on any text file to check spelling in both
> OS-
> 9 Level1 and Level2, T/S Edit will also work in Level1 and 2,
> however
> T/S Word will only work in Level1.
>
> T/S Spell will also allow you to create your oun dictionary files if
>
> you run accross a word that is not in the standard files.

I have a copy of T/S Spell, and the Ved word processor. The two work very
well together. I even wrote a little macro under Ved that allows me, with
a simple keystroke combination from within Ved, to perform a spellcheck
using T/S Spell on the document I'm currently working on in Ved. Pretty
slick. I like T/S Spell. Very useful, though it's a little slow when used
in a graphics window.

Fred Provoncha
Stansbury Park, UT