[Coco] CUBIX on the CoCo?

Dave Dunfield dave04a at dunfield.com
Sat Oct 29 11:01:52 EDT 2005

At 10:08 29/10/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>It looks to me that any of the Coco assemblers can handle the Cubix 6809
>code with a few exceptions, FCCZ and the use of SSR for examples. I
>think the FCCZ might be the same as FCS. SSR is a macro meaning send a
>numeric action code to $E00B.

FCCZ is a pretty standard Motorola style memonic which I've seen supported
in many assemblers. I means Form Character Constant with Zero terminator.

  FCCZ 'ABC'
  - is equivalent to -
  FCB 'A','B','C',0

>The main problem will be to recognize that much of the source is not
>labeled as source. The EXAMPLE directory files are all .asm but the OS
>files, some ending in .os other without extensions are all 6809 source code.

The OS is conditionally assembled as one large source file which is created
from several input files with my MACRO preprocessor. There are .BAT files in
my source tree which do this for you (there should be directions).

For assembling it under a different toolset, probably the easiest thing to
do would be to run my MACRO to generate a single .ASM file which you could
then work on.

Regards,
Dave

--