[Coco] CUBIX on the CoCo?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Oct 28 17:42:40 EDT 2005

Hello Dave:

As far as I know no one has ported Cubix to the Coco or at least the
Coco 3. I looked into doing a port to the Coco3. Several areas that
would require a deal of work. Since there are plenty of Coco disk
controllers availble to most Coco users, the disk driver would have
to be written for the WD1793/1773/2793 chips. Also the I/O range
moved to $FF00-$FFEF. Finally there is the GIME chip on the Coco
3.

While not impossible, it does entail a bit of work and time. Thanks
for  the link as I too  have an older copy. Maybe I can look at the
latest and see just  how complex a task it will be. Currently I have a
major home project working now that is taking up a bunch of my
free time.

james