[Coco] Re: Sounds of the Hound and MIC&C disks

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Tue Oct 25 20:20:22 EDT 2005

Glen and all: We've driven "politically correct" into the ground! That's what we get for having a Republican in office to long, I guess. The Democrats have their faults too, lets not forget! I for one don't go along party lines, I vote for who I think is best, whatever party, but that's not the issue.

While we should be considerate of others, they also have to be considerate of us! Everyone is prejudice in one way or another, and I guarantee I could find someone who'd be offended by nearly everything anyone has ever said. It was nice of Glen to let people know that there was some Christian content on the disks so they wouldn't be surprised and could leave them alone if they didn't think it was worth ignoring if that's what they wanted to do. That is courtesy enough! No disclaimer needed, just say what's there and let people decide if they want to look.

I'm about sick and tired of "politically correct"! I don't care if a bunch of white, black, green, Christian, Muslim, or Atheist want to get together. I don't care if they want to advertise or whatever. I make the choice as to what I do. It doesn't, and at least in the US shouldn't, offend me if someone chooses to believe differently than I. If I think they're going to hell for it I can do that!! I don't think anyone should be offended if I invite them to go to church with me, or offer them some literature or something. On the other hand I don't think they should be offended if I politely decline. I don't go around like that, and I dislike being interrupted at times by people who do, but I treat them politely, speak to them, and politely decline... unless they get pushy. I've only had to tell one group to just plain not stop by the house. They wanted to come by every week and talk for an hour! NO ONE should have another's beliefs shoved down their throats!

And yeah, I stand behind all the above -- I've been in the military for 22.5 years because I believe in our American freedoms, though we are continually allowing the government to errode them "in our best interest". Okay, off my soap box!!

By the way, last time I "looked" Roman Catholics were Christians.... ;>
I know what you meant though -- not Protestant or Evangelical Christians.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Independent