[Coco] Does anyone know who Dr Keil is, He did the Dr Keil emulator

tim lindner tlindner at ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 13 22:15:31 EDT 2005

Brian Palmer <bpa65117 at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Trying to find out Who Dr Kiel is, He did the emulator for the coco 3, want
> to ask him, how do I go about, getting The Disk Defeater over to real coco
> floppies, I've tried all i get is garbage on the real disk, the Defeater.DSK
> is 216k in size, while by looking at the other DSK's i have got across are
> in the 150k or 180k range, but Caladuril2 and 7th link and Disk Defeater are
> all in the 216k plus range, and these are causing grief for me and other
> users, trying to get them across to real floppies.
>
> So any help in this matter would be appreciated.

The larger disks are in DMK format. The DMK format stores more
information that just the sector dumps. Copying them back to real
floppies usually requires more access to a floppy drive than MS-DOS and
Windows usually provides.

I use dmk2cw (software from Tim Mann) and a Catweasel card (ISA/PCI
floppy controler card).

--
tim lindner
tlindner at ix.netcom.com                                            Bright