[Coco] Transfer utilities

Bob Devries bdevries at gil.com.au
Sun Oct 9 21:31:51 EDT 2005

George, it is possible to create a .dsk file from a bootable OS9 disk, but
without a hard drive, it is difficult.
The .dsk format is simply all the sectors of the disk saved end-to-end as
one file.

It is fairly trivial to write a Basic09 programme to do this, but that's
assuming you have a hard disk on your coco.

If you don't have a hard disk, you would need to create the .dsk file in
several "blocks" of some arbitrary (but smaller) size, move them to the PC,
and JOIN them together there.

What is your current hardware setup on your coco 3?

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.