[Coco] Formatting HD floppies w/ modified controller.

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 7 20:15:36 EDT 2005

The original poster mentioned
> Well, I have been trying to format any
> 3.5 inch floppies as /D2 and as high-
> density (let's say 1.31mb). Using rb1773,
> etc. only let me get as far as 1 or two
> tracks (watching the LED's) and then quitting
> displaying "Unit Busy Error" or some such
> thing. I could read older HD floppies
> but not format a new one.

and I was trying to set format in the same mode implied above. For the
solution of this problem, it doesn't really matter what actually happens
to the 3.5" disk, just whether format completes the operation without
error. I've no argument with your description of 3.5" and 5.25" drive
format capabilities.

There do seem to be problems on some systems that the NitrOS-9 crew
can't resolve. It still is not clear what is causing the problems.