[Coco] How many CoCoNutz are really out there?

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Thu Oct 6 22:26:18 EDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 07:35:02PM -0500, Roger Taylor wrote:

> ??
> With 150,000+ page hits a month and not a single solitary complaint on this
> subject until now, I won't be changing the design drastically any time
> soon.  :)

I like the layout of the home page. I think it encourages people to explore the
site.

> The ads are not that bad and actually have a purpose because I have always
> run the site on a low budget and if it were not for ads and donations from
> time to time, the site would have been gone years ago.  Actually, the ads
> make so little that it doesn't account for a fraction of what the hosting
> fees run.  It's a choice any web site can make and so many do it for good
> reasons.

I hope that you keep the ads and links. After many years of not using my Coco
I rediscovered it earlier this spring. A google search for coco quickly turned
up your site. From there I found the few remaining venders for Coco related
hardware and software. Finding these otherwise would have been slow and time
consuming. Even now when I'm looking for a Coco related site I go to coco3 first
and follow the links.

Frank