[coco] advice needed

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Mon Oct 31 12:01:01 EST 2005

People

        I have the Attiny12 micro  controller on the converter capable of
powering down the monitor now.    But I have a  question.    The controller
blanks the screen whenever the PIA line on pin 10 of the video
connector is held down longer than about 5 seconds.  Doing it this  way
simplifies the procedure but I am wondering if anybody knows about
any software where this might be a problem.    I could give  the controller
it's own I2C address and an op code for power down
but that would delay the availability of the controller.
Does anybody know if this would cause any problems.
       The address of this signal is bit 3  of &hFF22.   Any
potential problems there?

Everybody give me some feedback even if just to say you
see no problems with it.

thanks
Roy