[Coco] UPS/Canada

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 19 14:06:15 EST 2005

They , like ALL big corporations will try to squeeze every last cent out of
the public anyway they can. Of course they are crooks. The shareholders
demand that they turn a profit. This is not JUST UPS but every big
corporation in the world, and they will use ANY means possible to get as
much money from you as possible, to blaming hurricanes in the US to
terrorism. Its a FACT that UPS caterers to big business, us "little" guys
mean nothing to them, and any business they get from us is just gravy
anyway. The so called "border fees" are all just a big crock, and it is
there way of justifying extorting money from you.
A good example happened to us last month, my Video Production Studio had to
order a copy of "liquid Edition" and "Ultra 2" for chromakeying (both on the
same day). Pinnacle shipped Fed-ex, as promised it was on our door before 10
am the next morning, with no extra fees.  Ultra shipped UPS and also
promised a 10 am next day shipping (they didn't tell us it was UPS). At noon
we called Ultra, and it took them 2 hours to "track" the package. It was in
Calgary for over 48 hours, when we finally did get UPS to get it to us, they
wanted another $120 Canadian C.O.D. for the "Boarder fees" . We were stuck
and needed the software ASAP, otherwise we would have sent it back and
demanded that they Fed-Ex it.
-That's what I mean by extortion. That's why I call them Crooks. If UPS
wants extra fees, get them up front before shipping!! In certain circles
this is called "double Dipping" charging both the shipper and the receiver
at both ends. If UPS was an honest Company, they would be right up front
about the fees, but they hide it like the cowards they are. Like I said
before, they want a $40 Canadian fee for a DVD that cost $20 US including
shipping. That is just sleazy.
-Glen