[Coco] NT: BASIC educate

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 19 13:03:54 EST 2005

Hi, all,
I thought I would ask a question about BASIC, that's been bugging me for 25
years. Before I got my first CoCo (83) I learned BASIC on the old PET. one
of the first things I discovered was that the "PRINT" statement could be
substituted for just "?" (a question Mark). I then used this on many Apple
2's, C64's, and ultimately on the CoCo.
My question is:
How come this is not documented anywhere in the Tandy Manuals, or in the
many programs in Rainbow, etc? Is using this flaky? Is it just bad educate?
or is it just to confusing for some? I know its just saving 3 keystrokes,
but when you are typing in a 6 page program, it does save a bit of time.
-Glen