[Coco] Re: Color Compter, Hard Disk Controller, etc

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Wed Nov 16 14:58:45 EST 2005

Arthur Flexser wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, William Astle wrote:
>

>>>Even if a signature is required, you can sign the slip with instructions to
>>>leave it on your patio, or with a neighbor, or whatever.  At least, that's how
>>>it works in the US.
>>
>>That assumes they even bother leaving a slip. I've had UPS attempt
>>delivery three times (in three days) and NOT leave a slip so I had no
>>idea I had a package coming. Actually, I've had that happen twice. At
>>least in and around Calgary, UPS doesn't seem to have any interest in
>>actually delivering packages to people who are not there during the day.
>

> Just curious...if they didn't leave a slip, and the package got returned to
> sender, how'd you discover what had happened?

The first time, the sender contacted me and gave me the tracking number.
I then called and complained and they delivered the package to an
alternate address that I provided. The other time, they actually called
me before returning the package. I complained that time, too.

The next time UPS tried to deliver a package, they didn't bother trying
the address on the package but just delivered it to the alternate
address I had provided the first time. That's just as dicey as not
leaving a notice in my book. What if that address is not valid anymore?

Needless to say, I avoid UPS if at all possible these days.

(Purolator, on the other hand, left a slip with a number to call and
telephoned me. I like Purolator much better than UPS at the moment. :) )

--
William Astle
finger lost at l-w.net for further information

Geek Code V3.12: GCS/M/S d- s+:+ !a C++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ !E W++ !N w---
!D !M PS PE V-- Y+ PGP t+@ 5++ X !R tv+@ b+++@ !DI D? G e++ h+ y?