[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Looking for a Coco I 64k?

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Nov 14 06:58:26 EST 2005

On 11/13/2005 01:03 pm, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> FWIW,
>
> I bought my CoCo II Model F with 32K but it happened to run OS-9 and
> reported 64K there. Some friends upgraded to 64K to find out RS-DOS
> only reported 32K on their CoCos too.
>
> Some years afterwards, I learned that the 6809E had some special mode
> to switch between 32K banks.. I never did care to investigate further
> though.

32k (minus video space depending on PMODE/PCLEAR setting) is all that RS-DOS
could ever see.  To see 64k the ROMs needed to be switched out.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Now she saw what that authority was capable of.  Worse, she saw peace
taken to its extreme.  And it was the most awful thing she'd ever seen.
                -- Inara at Miranda, from the "Serenity" novelization