[Coco] Notest on Portal-9 and MESS

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Sun Nov 13 16:26:36 EST 2005

At 07:01 PM 11/12/2005, you wrote:
>Roger,
>
>There has been a change in MESS, although the docs don't show it, and with
>the latest versions the command option -skip_disclaimer no longer is
>available. That may require a change in the Portal9.ini if the above
>option is stock, as MESS will not start from Portal-9 if a command line
>option is not accepted.
>
>Also, I've noted that CCASM supports most of the EDTASM syntax but not the
>logical operators .AND. .NOT. .OR. .XOR. .DIV. .MOD. .EQU. and .NEQ.
>That is not very important, but users of EDTASM should not expect complete
>compatibility.

Robert,

Thanks for the M.E.S.S. notice.  I'll download the latest version and see
what's up.  I will surely hate it if the disclaimer notice cannot be
skipped.  This will require the user to probably type the letters 'O' and
'K' every stinkin' time the emulator is started from the IDE, like after
every build session.  Ugh.  My guess is that they renamed that option (I hope).

I remember removing the .OPS. from CCASM when the dot operator was reserved
for another use, but I will try my best to get those back in there if it's
possible.

--
Roger Taylor
Longview, TX