[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Looking for a Coco I 64k?

Richard Adams yahoogroups36 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 12 15:47:12 EST 2005

SNIP

SNIP

Al,

There were modifications to make a CoCo 64K back to the D board (although it
was a pain on the D). I have an E board that was modified to 64K. Tandy
always put 64K chips in for the upgrade to 32K, but they still called it 32K
because that was all you could access from Basic. I've heard that the early
64K upgrades did use chips that were 'half good', but I don't know how
reliable that rumor was. At any rate, they soon switched to good 64K chips.
Programs that require 64K will run on my CoCo I without issue. Programs like
Telewriter 64 do report back the 64K available.

As far as 'Video Out Adapter', I assume the earlier post refers to composite
output. This was a third-party add-on that my ol' gray also has. I never put
on a lowercase board, but I did do the composite out, the 64K upgrade, and a
wonderful Mark Data keyboard to replace that chiclet monstrosity. Add in a
Multi-Pak, a disk drive, an X-Pad, an Orchestra 90, an RS232 pack, a modem
pack, and a speech pack, and my CoCo is/was pretty close to being maxed out
for a CoCo I. Don't recall ever using the modem, RS232, or speech pack, as
ol' gray was pretty much retired from active duty about that time. Still
have it, though, all boxed up and ready for a comeback if necessary!

Ciao,

Richard

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/CFFolB/TM