[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Looking for a Coco I 64k?

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 11 17:41:27 EST 2005

The Model 26-3003B White CoCo 1 had standard 64K, but it also had standard a
"melted Keyboard" similar to the first CoCo 2 keyboards. I had a chance to
dissect both the 3003B and a model 26-3127 first 64K CoCo 2) and although
the Keyboards look the same, the 3003b keyboard is much better made and more
responsive. It is also held together by screws. the CoCo 2 keyboard was made
of a much cheaper plastic and is just "Clipped" together. you can see
pictures of both at
http://www.coco.8bit-micro.com/teardown1.htm - for the CoCo 1 and
http://www.coco.8bit-micro.com/teardown2.htm for the CoCo 2.
I am also in contact right now with RS's historical archive administrator to
get more info on the 3003b as it is rare, not many people know about them
and a lot of people confuse them with the CoCo 2 as they are white. But I
have information straight from RS saying these were release Before the CoCo
2's and RS does label them as CoCo 1's. EVEN the box and documentation (I
have one in the original box {for sale on the online store}) labels them as
a COCO 1.
-Glen