[Coco] NT :is it just me?

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 11 04:40:58 EST 2005

No insult taken Frank, I just didn't want others to think that. Yes, "new
equipment is nice, but like I said with the multi-pak, the cost of making a
small run (lets face it, I wont sell a thousand) of lets say 100, still came
up with a component cost of more than $60 each Canadian, that didn't include
assembly and a "Case" to put it in (whether it be plastic, or metal). I know
with shopping around I maybe might shave of a few dollars, but that means I
would have to put them at probably a $150 price point, IF i could even get
them made. Believe me, I am not a person who can solder, I have had the
shakes all my life, (Nothing medical, just the way it is), so even if i
could get the parts, I would still have to pay someone to make the boards.
With the floppy, I can do all the assembly except the metal fabrication for
the boxes and the paint finish. I know I can just "spray bomb" them, but I
have friends in the automotive repair business, and I can get a booth and a
professional painter for a very good price, so why not have the paint look
professional. Remember these are Custom Made, I am not just cranking out a
bunch at a time to have inventory sit around. I want to make sure, that if
you are willing to pay the price, your drive WILL be made for you. Its like
with the computers I build. I charge a lot of money, but I refuse to use
cheap components, because it will just comeback and bite me in the butt,
when the machine fails, and I have to keep doing service calls on it.