[Coco] wierd stuff

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Nov 6 20:59:52 EST 2005

Glenn

Yes the power supply caps. Aluminum electrolytic caps do not like
to sit for long periods and not have any voltage across the
terminals. When you place voltage on them after they have sat for
years, there is a tendancy for the  dieltric to break down and the
capacitor value generally decreases in value. This will increase
ripple in the power supply outputs and cause all kinds of crazy
things to happen in digital and analog circuits.

james