[Coco] wierd stuff

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Nov 6 20:35:37 EST 2005

On Sunday 06 November 2005 20:02, Glen VanDenBiggelaar wrote:
>Ok, you are talking the capacitors on the PS board right? I was going to
>throw a fan in though. what are your thoughts on hooking an old AT P/S
> just for the drives and retire the old transformer P/S all together?
> -Glen

I hacked all that stuff out of both my coco3 and the mpi many years ago
in favor of an old AT psu to run them both.  The coco3, with 2 megs of
ram in it, and a 63C09 generates so close to zero heat its unreal.  I
can lay a photo thermometer over the ram area, and toss a folded
furniture blanket on it.  8 hours later the photo thermometer is
showing, when uncovered, about 2-3 degrees above room temp.

If you are up to the hacking, and have the tools, I recommend the
external psu solution.  Mine is running everything except the monitor
itself.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)