[Coco] Rainbow cassettes

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 3 23:34:13 EST 2005

I have a disk version with a Cat. No. 1200 which seems to be a Datasoft
Inc. number rather than a Tandy product number. The instructions
indicate that both a tape and disk version were issued for the Coco1
32K, and TDP-100 32K (Coco2 I think).

The tape is double sided and you may have a better recording on the side
other than the one you used.

My guess is that if you are trying to use the cassette version on a disk
system, the program is loading at $600 and trashing the disk OS. Short
of patching the program, you will need to offset load the tape before
saving it to disk. You will then need a small program to relocate the
program after loading it from disk and before starting it.

However, there may be a better solution since the program was written by
Steve Bjork who may still be reachable. If you can get an email to him,
he may be able to send you a patch or instructions for running the tape
version on a disk system.

If you follow the previously posted information for finding the start,
end, and exec addresses for a tape ml program and post them, I think I
can post specific instructions for making the program run on a disk system.