[Coco] nitros-09 on a TV

John Guin johnguin at hotmail.com
Thu May 19 20:24:52 EDT 2005

Hello Frank,

You are hitting the exact same problem I had for about a year.  I gave up on
trying to read the screen since I did not know OS9 well enough to blindly
type in the commands to get out of that mode.

After a year or so of bidding and losing on RGB monitors on eBay, I finally
got my hands on a CM8.  Works well now, and I've figured out how to go to 40
column mode, which is much easier to read.

Beware of "just RGB" monitors, though.  I had a Commodore monitor which was
RGB, but was just as hard to read as the television.

I guess on the one hand "shipping" OS9 should cater to the power user with a
nice monitor, but on the other hand, the lowest common denominator for
screen resolution may need to be considered.

Either way, I'm able to see what I'm doing now.

Good luck,
John