[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Older Floppy Drives

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue May 17 00:52:16 EDT 2005

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 16 May 2005 18:33, Jan Vanden Bossche wrote:
>
>>Hallo
>
>>I've got 2 of those. How do I switch them to 300 rpm/720 KB
>>operation ?
>>

> There's a jumper on the board, but I don't know the acronym for it at
> the moment.  Lemme see if I can find the manual again...

As I mis-remember these things, there is a signal pin on the 34 pin
connector that does the switch.

Ground = 720KB, high = 1.2MB.

Guess what level that pin is wired to be at on a COCO? :-)

-John
wb8tyw(at)qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only
--
Just survived mail bombing from 5 mail servers that were bouncing the
latest sober variant to forged addresses.  I think my postmaster had to