[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Older Floppy Drives

Phill Harvey-Smith dragon at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Mon May 16 19:03:22 EDT 2005

R M S wrote:
> Anyone,
>
> I've come across a few older 5-1/4 inch
> floppy drives. I was wondering if anyone
> knows if any of these would be suitable
> for the CoCo or to use in a PC for writing
> CoCo disk images?
>
> Thanks,
> Rich Simoes
>
> Mitsubishi Model MF504P-362U 5 1/4" Floppy Drive

Humm, it's a shame that's not a MF504B, I have one of those, it has a
pair of pads labeled "ST", that you can solder an SPST switch to convert
it into a switchable 40/80 track drive, though it looks like there is
normally a trace between them that has to be cut before fitting the
switch. (I can't be cirtain of this as the one I have, has the switch,
and has done as long as I have owned it :) ).

> NEC Model FD1155C 5 1/4" Floppy Drive
>
> NEC Model FD1157C 5 1/4" Floppy Drive
>
> TEAC Model FD-55GFR-541-U 5 1/4" Floppy Drive

Hey I have one of these too, so if there is a way of converting to a
720K, might be usefull for the older machines :)

Phill.

Yahoo! Groups Links