[Coco] replacing main rom

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 19:50:24 EDT 2005

> Wouldn't it be cool to write a front end gui interface for RS-DOS!?
>
> It could reside in the 6K area taken up by the 3 mugsters. Power up the
> CoCo3 and enter a nice and professional GUI for managing disks, disk files
> and executing programs.
>
> Anyone got the motivation?   :)
>
> Nick

While developing Color FOG, the idea crossed my mind more than once. The HDRAW
command is, basically, vector based graphics... great for 3D borders and
buttons... even round buttons with pie-charts in them. ;)  I think the majority
of work is properly parsing mouse clicks. Of course keyboard navigation must be
intuitive in case you don't have a mouse or joystick. It should support the
various hi-res joystick adapters and hard drive interfaces (as in HDB-DOS). And
of course, the ability to switch back and forth to Basic.

I want to get good at 6809 assembler and take Color FOG to the next level...
seems like a good project for that. So Nick, let's discuss it. :) Looking for
someone to remotely mentor in 6809? :)

Bob