[Coco] one more thing ...

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Fri May 13 12:11:06 EDT 2005

Hi,

jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> Kevin
>
> Even for anything it is a bad idea. IF you happen to reverse the
> symmetrical connector then you put the full supply voltage onto
> Green input of the convertor. Might not do any damage then again it
> might.
>
> I hate symetrical connectors. The blank pin can be used as a key to
> prevent the plug from being inserted reversed.
>
> james

	An excellent point ... But I am THAT tired of dealing with an endless
number of power supplies. I would still like the OPTION.

	Even worse than symmetrical connectors are keyed connectors that people
don't take advantage of. I have way to many narrow SCSI ribbon cables
that don't have the key. The Linux Adaptec driver just spits out this
message endlessly.

					kevin