[Coco] replacing main rom

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Wed May 11 18:01:03 EDT 2005

jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> Art
>
> My search through the code has yielded no such usage of the timer
> by the Super Extended Code at all. I also do not see where there is
> any patch in the blink routines to allow for the GIME timer to control
> the blink time.
>
> I maybe wrong and have not found any reference to the GIME timer
> usage though.
>
> This does seem to support the basic belief that the GIME timer was
> for program development for games or other means.

Super extended basic initializes the timer to the maximum possible value
(IIRC) in one of the "block transfer" initialization bits. There is no
software setting to enable or disable the use of the timer to control
the blink rate - the GIME just uses it to do so. If the timer is
disabled, text doesn't blink.