[Color Computer] [coco] Abandonware..

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 09:43:39 EDT 2005

I have to disagree with you A BIT on this one George,
I am not just saying this because I have over a hundred Carts ang games
(legal software) on my online store. I only agree on very hard to find
software. As a collector, I will spend my hard earned money on a piece of
software for the box, instructions and other "printed" material that comes
with it. I use NitrOS-9 (which I bought from Mark), but recently I paid
$32.51 for a Still sealed copy of OS-9 level 2 (ebay #5189547447) because
the pages were still srink wraped. I would have gladly paid over $100. I
have been trying for months now to obtain a "nice" coppy of it, and have
bought 3 now just to get 1 good one. I know I could grab it for free, but I
would rather have nice factory disks in my collection. Tandy did have some
nice packaging for a bunch of its products (multi-view, Desk mate, etc) and
I would gladly pay for those Items. The copying of these products, just
makes it easy for people to "play" with the software, but then why the point
of having a CoCo? Why not use Mess and just download the ROMS? If you are
going to take the time and the effort to collect and love the CoCo for what
it is, why not take the time and effort to buy and use the real products!
As you point out, there is no one that will take the time to drag you to
court, which is true, but that dosen't mean you should have an open ticket
to just flood the market with the old software.
-Just my 2 cents
-Glen

Yahoo! Groups Links