[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] DSK images to coco

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 2 08:53:31 EDT 2005

George Ramsower wrote:
> [...]

Use dmode to check how the drive descriptor is set up. Make sure that
the /d0 (if that is what is used) in the booted version matches the
properties of the older OS-9 disk. Error 249 is wrong format if I
remember correctly.

>  Also....
>

>>As an aside, it took 10 minutes to transfer the current
>>nitros9v030205_80d to a Coco hard drive using HyperTerminal, OSTerm, and
>>nul modem connection through an RS-232 pak at 19200 baud. This is not
>>trivial and requires some care.
>>

>   That's only about 800 baud.
>
 ><snip>

True but writing to the Coco hard drive must be contributing to the
slowdown.