[Coco] DSK images to coco

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun May 1 23:30:29 EDT 2005

This stock Copy command won't work this way. Any attempt to Copy
filename /d1@  , for example, gives a 218 error; file already exists.

In theory one should be able to write in raw mode to a disk with /d1 at .
That is what dEd requires when you want to edit the disk structure; ded
/d1 at . The problem seems to be that Copy (or perhaps shell) does not know
what to do with such a command. I've also not been able to use List
filename >/d1 at .

It looks as though a special version of Copy will be needed or some
other program which will know how to write to /d1 at .

As an aside, it took 10 minutes to transfer the current
nitros9v030205_80d to a Coco hard drive using HyperTerminal, OSTerm, and
nul modem connection through an RS-232 pak at 19200 baud. This is not
trivial and requires some care.