[Coco] Coco game for kids

Aaron Banerjee spam_proof at worldnet.att.net
Tue May 3 06:41:23 EDT 2005

All,
    Who was it that was writing a game in the semigraphics mode?  It was
to be something like nibbler (the snake game), or Tron.  I had a recent
discovery with my 4 year old.  I wrote a really simple (using just the
text screen -- SET/RESET is the same thing, but has "color contamination")
program where you simply navigate a dot through a maze to get to the "red
dot" at the end.  He was playing it for hours -- even to the exclusion of
watching "Thomas the Tank Engine".
    That would probably be a quick and easy game to write in semigraphics,
but I seem to have misplaced my Color BASIC books.  How does one switch
over into semigraphics, and where is the screen memory?  Any more
information (e.g. controlling/detecting color of pixels) would be helpful.
Thanks.
                            - Aaron