[Coco] Any tips for getting OS-9 or Nitros-09 running in an emulator?

John Guin johnguin at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:54:25 EST 2005

Hello all,

Due to hardware restrictions with my actual Coco, I need to be able to boot
OS-9 or Nitros-09 in an emulator.  I have MESS and the JV 2 and 3 emulators
available, and actually have real copies of OS-9 Level 1 and 2 on floppies.

I want to be able to boot either of these emulators into any version of
OS-9, but all the DSK images I have found on the net simply do not work.  As
near as I can guess, all the emulators have the ROMs with "stock" RS DECB,
which only work with 35 track drives, but all the DSK images are 40 track
images, or are double sided.  I also tried the JV Coco3 "os9boot.mor" to
coco3.rom with nitros - 09, but it didn't recognize the dsks.

Does anyone know of a trick/tip/kludge to get any of the emulators to boot
the 40 track disks, or am I completely off in left field here?  Am I missing
something blindingly obvious?

Thanks all,
John