[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Re: Help for transfering Coco disk to PC

Phill Harvey-Smith dragon at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 08:59:19 EST 2005

Neil Morrison wrote:

> [...]

Or Linux :)

> Most transfer utilities rely on modifying a table in ram. AFAIK, in XP, how
> this works is not known so the software fails.

 From what I can tell when I looked into this, WinXP only supports 512
byte sectors, after all this is standard for the PC. As you said
modifying the disk base table is not documented/supported under XP (or
NT and 2000 for tat matter).

If you are running Windows XP you can make yourself a boot floppy (which
I believe is an option when you format it), which has a minimal Windows
ME set of boot/dos files on it, if you boot with this it should be
enough to let you run your CoCo disk (or indeed any disk transfer
program that needs low level access) transfer program.

Phill.

Yahoo! Groups Links