[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Help for transfering Coco disk to PC

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 08:52:44 EST 2005

> >Hi Folks,
> >
> >I've tried to transfer Coco disks (i have about 130) to my PC (AMD
> >Athlon, Win XP) after installing a TEAC FD-55 GFR floppy drive (a
> >1.2meg high density) and using the Coco emulator of Jeff Vavasour
> >(Version 1-15).  <...snip...>
> >
> >HHhhhheeeeellllllppppppppp!!!!!!!!
> >

> <...snip...> you would be far better off to try to find an old
> 360k drive that would be far less work to make it work.

Even less work to find a 3.5" 1.4M floppy drive and use it as the
CoCo's second drive. The cables are 100% compatible, just don't
use an old RS cable with missing teeth (in the drive connectors).

You should use John Collyer's updated version of Jeff V's emulator
since it is patched to properly access 720K disks in 1.4M drives.

Bob
www.geocities.com/theother_bob