[Coco] 2 questions:: DECB and Nitros09 questions

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Mon Mar 28 00:38:46 EST 2005

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005, David wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This may sound strange, but.. is there a way to boot Disk Extended Color
> Basic or some other Basic-based OS from a floppy? My floppy controller
> has a non-standard version of ADOS on-board, and I think it's behind
> troubles I'm having with some software..

You could readily modify the ADOS/BAS loader on the ADOS disk (if you still have
it) to load in a saved image of Disk Basic instead.  But that may well not solve
the software compatibility problems you are encountering.  Have you tried the
ADOS "disable" command?  (Or "disable:dload" if it is a CoCo 3 version of ADOS.)

Art Flexser