[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Contiki OS

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Mar 27 20:44:03 EST 2005

On Sunday 27 March 2005 16:18, Ben Jimenez wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've noticed a os called the Contiki and that some
>coco users are trying to port it to the coco. I was
>wondering if the assembler below might be of some help
>in this? I'd like to see this done and I've visited
>the sourceforge website but am uable to join the
>cc6309 (think thats it) group. Has anyone else worked
>on developing a os for the coco?
>
>Ben
>

>http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/as/download.html#WIN32
>
>From the web page, it appears that this assembler outputs only intel
binaries in the styles for the various os's that run on an intel box.

If you want an os thats pretty well developed, look into nitros9,
which is intended to take advantage of the 6309's new commands, and
is a thouroughly bugfixed and optimized (about 2x faster) version of
os9, which is itself a pretty versatile mini-unix.  The original is
pretty much abandoned by MicroWare, who has turned into Radesys in
the stock wars, so this is freely downloadable today.  A google
search on 'nitros9' should spit out the servers address.  I had a
small hand in its initial developement a decade plus ago now.  You
can also find many replacement utilities & bits and pieces of must
have stuff on <http://os9archive.rtsi.com>

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)