[Coco] 2 questions:: DECB and Nitros09 questions

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Mar 27 10:12:04 EST 2005

It is possible to load Disk Extended Color Disk Basic from a floppy but
that will be somewhat complicated and may not be relevant. Why don't you
tell us exactly (in detail) what problems you are having with which
software? Could be ADOS has nothing to do with the problems.

If you must load the system from a floppy, you should realize that you
can't load over ADOS because the loading process will destroy ADOS
corrupting the load. That means the Disk ROM must be offset loaded,
moved to $C000-$DFFF, and then cold booted while staying in RAM mode.

You now have a problem, ADOS will have patched the rest of Basic and
that may need to be reloaded. However, Super Extended Basic (Coco3)
reads information from the ROMS and creates the RAM image. You may need
to patch Coco3 Basic as well as the Disk ROM to get a satifactory result.