[Coco] Re: CoCo related question? (Better edit for coco3.rom)

Albert Stinger albertstinger24 at canada.com
Fri Mar 25 14:19:09 EST 2005

For EDITEX so far we have:

*
* To use the enhanced edit command enter EDITEX from the OK prompt in BASIC
* The checking for enhanced edit command This code will be patched
* into the memory starting at $A064 - $A071 which is 12 bytes.
*
CHKEDEX JSR LAF67  * CONVERT LINE NUMBER TO BINARY, RETURN VALUE IN BINVAL
 BCC CHKED  * IF NOT LINE NUMBER, BETTER BE ENHANCED EDIT
 JMP L89AE  * GO GET LINE NUMBER AND RETURN TO EDIT
CHKED LEAS $04,S  * PURGE RETURN ADDRESSES OFF OF THE STACK
 JMP EDITEX  * MUST BE ENHANCED EDIT JUMPING THERE
 RTS   * CLEANUP CODE

*
* EDIT - if you enter EDIT [LINE NUMBER] in the CONSOLE you come here.
*        We must patch the EDIT address ($8534) and ($8535) with $A089
*
EDIT JSR CHKEDEX  * GET LINE NUMBER FROM BASIC

*
* Since this is BASIC and this is a command we will need syntax checking,
* so the function EDITEX will start out like this:
*

00100         ORG     EDITEX
00110 START   ANDA    #$DF MAKE UPPER CASE
00120         CMPA    #'E SYNTAX CHECK
00130         BEQ     CHK2 OK
00140 CHK1    JMP     $B277 SYNTAX ERROR
00150 CHK2    JSR     $009F GET NEXT INPUT
00160         ANDA    #$DF MAKE UPPER CASE
00160         CMPA    #'X SYNTAX CHECK
00170         BNE     CHK1 SYNTAX ERROR EXIT WITH ERROR MESSAGE
00190         END  EDITEX continues...

Now it's like a real command with syntax checking.
Now to get into the EDITEX command you would have
to enter EDITEX from the console.

Albert Stinger

"Robert Emery" <theother_bob at yahoo.com> wrote
in message news:20050323203801.83601.qmail at web81507.mail.yahoo.com...