[Coco] RGB color codes to CoCo 3 color codes

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Mar 25 09:10:14 EST 2005

Diego

The Color Coumputer uses 6 bit color to derive the color palette.

Each byte stored is in the following format:

bit 0 -  R0
bit 1 -  G0
bit 2 -  B0
bit 3 -  R1
bit 4 -  G1
bit 5 -  B1

This is RGB222. You have two levels of all three colors. Therefore the
hex representation would be between #00 and #3F. The color values
you are quoteing are for 24 bit color which is RGB888.

james