[Coco] Re: Re: CoCo related question? (Better edit for coco3.rom)

Albert Stinger albertstinger24 at canada.com
Wed Mar 23 20:09:31 EST 2005

The way I see it is to patch either of two places in the rom:

    EDIT       JSR    L89AE        * GET LINE NUMBER FROM BASIC
or
    L859D    CMPA #'E'            * EXIT?
                    BEQ L8592          * YES - SAME AS ENTER EXCEPT NO ECHO

The first patch could be to the area inside of The Color basic Rom Code 1.2
with the
10 free bytes. There you could check if there was a line number and if not
jump to the
enhanced edit command.

The second would be just changing the 'e' command of edit to mean the
(enhanced
edit command.)

news:424183A2.27863.12C4ADB at localhost...