[Coco] Re: Re: CoCo related question? (Better edit for coco3.rom)

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Wed Mar 23 20:03:45 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 15:20 -0500, Albert Stinger wrote:
> So, what your saying is patch the edit command to map in the wasted 7376
> author bytes with the new code put there and jump into that segment. Is it
> possible to fit a screen editor into 7376 bytes?

Well you won't fit Emacs in there.

But I can imagine a nice little screen editor fitting into 8k.

My understanding though is that this has "been done." Perhaps some other
user can suggest an alternative DOS that integrates full screen editing
(I spent most of my time in OS-9)

I even seem to recall a loadable full screen editor (for BASIC lines) as
as a listing in Rainbow, but I am not certain...

Programmers always focus first on their tools. There has never been a
dearth of tools an utilities for the coco.

-- John.