[Coco] Re: CoCo related question? (Better edit for coco3.rom)

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 15:38:01 EST 2005

--- Albert Stinger <albertstinger24 at canada.com> wrote:
> More questions,
> What would be the best way to interface to the edit command
> so you could have full screen editing with the cursor keys?

I think you'd probably be better off replacing the entire
edit routine than trying to convert it to a full screen editor.
That's a pretty major change from the standard edit command,
but I believe it has been done before and I would also
like that functionality.

Alan DeKok's Custom Color Basic has some very good enhancements
to CoCo3 basic, especially if you have 512K. Contrary to popular
belief, it's not that hard to use the extra RAM from basic.

I'd like to see basic take advantage of extra memory and I'd
LOVE to use my CoCo to read/write to PC formatted 720K floppies.

Bob