[Coco] cc6809 project

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Wed Mar 23 12:04:42 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 09:50 -0500, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> Boisy
>
> Now I get it. Since many new programmers never learned assembly
> and only know C, they are trying to make assembly look and feel
> more llike C.

Actually, there is a task at hand, which is to have a assembler/linker
more compatible with the code sdcc C compiler hc08 code generator
currently generates. So to that end, it's just a practical problem we're
attempting to solve.

Anyway there have been two part and structured assemblers around for a
very long time. I don't think it's because of C programmers... assembly
programmers want more expressive power and leverage from their tools,
just like everyone else. I think that's the reason such enhancements
occur...

-- John.