[Coco] bit.listserv VS. these moderated lists

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Tue Mar 22 20:00:56 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:44:09 -0600
Mark Marlette <mark at cloud9tech.com> wrote:

> Boisy hurt the community? Can't think of anyone who has done more for
> the CoCo, ever. I'll admit he does make money through Cloud-9.
> SuperDriver is the proof in the pudding. Hands down the best driver
> written for the CoCo ever.
>
> His continued work on NitrOS-9, making it a common platform for Level
> 1/2. Backing porting to level 1 was a major task. There were others
> that helped like Robert Gault and Rodney Hamilton. His tools that he
> developed for cross platform CoCo projects.

I wasn't saying anything about the good work he's done for the community... I
*know* that's he's done tremendous work with the things mentioned above. But...
well, see below.

> I could go on and on, because I know him VERY well. Your statement? I can tell
> you don't know him at all.

No, your right. I don't know him at all. Fact is, when I heard he unsubscribed,
I thought, because of everything that's happened the past two days, that he took
off to make residence at bit.listserv.coco. When I saw that, I was surprised and
disappointed because of his work in the community and the fact that he started
this because he wanted the community together again. I thought it something to
comment about, although, I turned out wrong. (Which is very good, IMHO.)

I'm not against any one person in this. I just think that we should do what's
best for keeping the larger part of the community together. As it stands right
now, there are a few things that stop us from another migration. (The reasons
have all been discussed in other threads, so I'm not even going to go there.)
This whole debate, in general, has shown that there can be a rift put between us
pretty easily... Let's try and keep this community together. :)

-M.