[Coco] stuff

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue Mar 22 14:16:27 EST 2005

Unsubbing my boisy at boisypitre.com address this morning was in order to
do some test posting on bit.listserv.coco.  It turns out that it made
no difference whether or not I was subscribed to this list, I would get
this same email when posting to bit.listserv.coco from Google Groups:

You  are   not  authorized   to  send   mail  to  the   coco  list
from  your
newsgate at NEWSGUY.COM account. You might be authorized  to send to the
list from
another of  your accounts,  or perhaps  when using  another mail
program which
generates slightly  different addresses, but  LISTSERV has no way  to
associate
this other account or address with yours. If you need assistance or if
you have
any question  regarding the policy  of the coco  list, please contact
the list
owners: coco-request at LISTS.PRINCETON.EDU.

I forwarded this earlier to Dennis and Rod; not sure what this means,
but apparently when I post to bit.listserv.coco from Google Groups, it
tries to send my message over to the mailing list component?

These details are a bit beyond my expertise, and certainly above the
time I have to spend on them.  Still, resolving these issues would be
valuable.

> 	The crack about drivewire support in a public forum was over the
> line. You can't even see the line from that remark. Please procure a
> rubber chicken and whack yoursef with it a few times.

I've covered this with Jim in e-mail, but it bears repeating in this
open forum: we always respond to customer questions at Cloud-9.
Sometimes it's a simple matter of RTFM, other times it's not, but we
take all of our customers seriously.  I don't recall having received an
email from Jim about DriveWire, so I've asked him to resend his
questions.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
E-Mail: boisy at boisypitre.com