[Coco] A return to bit.listserv.coco?

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Tue Mar 22 01:37:09 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 20:58 -0600, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

>  If the SPAM factor is truly
> nullified, then there is no rational reason not to start a re-migration
> to it.

Careful... since you are almost by yourself, that implies those of us
who aren't you are irrational ;-) I think that's a rough definition of
insanity (or genius, I grant)

Anyway *I* don't buy this... every migration is a bunch of wasted
cycles, and *will* lose some users. Case in point, the migration from
bit.listserv.coco to here. Lost some going one way, why do you think we
wouldn't lose some going the other way? Particularly when so many are
convinced that the spam problem although abated is not fixed, and there
are those who are so turned off by it that they will not join that
group.

On top of that, constantly moving back and forth en masse causes
confusion about where everybody is at. I've already noticed that the
Yahoo group and this one splitting has resulted in two non communicating
groups.

The real choice in most of the rest of the rational peoples' minds I
think is not which list is used, or any particular feelings or history
attached to it, but a practical choice between a moderated group and a
non-moderated group. As long as we have a good moderator (we do!) I
think the decision is clear...

-- John.